These savory sweet chicken kabobs are unbelievably easy to make and they’re so perfect for game day!
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer. Stir in cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes; let cool to room temperature.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine teriyaki marinade and chicken; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Heat Evo grill to medium heat.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Add skewers to the grill and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.
Originally posted by Evo
Posted July 13, 2021