Coconut Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers
Jalapeño poppers are getting a tropical upgrade. This mash-up of flavors will make these your new favorite appetizer. Serves 6
- 8 Whole shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 Teaspoon Traeger Chicken Rub, plus more as needed
- olive oil
- 6 Whole jalapeños
- 8 Ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 12 Slices bacon
- When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 425°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes. Grill: 425 ˚F
- Rinse and season the shrimp with the Traeger Chicken Rub.
- Drizzle the shrimp with olive oil and cook on the Traeger for about 5 minutes per side, or until the shrimp is opaque. Grill: 425 ˚F
- Remove the shrimp and let cool.
- Reduce Traeger temperature to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, get those poppers going. Cut the jalapeños in half then remove the stems and seeds.
- Chop the shrimp. Mix together the softened cream cheese, chopped shrimp, 1/2 teaspoon Traeger Chicken Rub and 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro.
- Load a generous amount of the filling in each pepper half. Top with a sprinkle of coconut.
- Wrap each stuffed pepper with a slice of bacon and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Cook the peppers on the Traeger for about 45 minutes, or until the bacon fat has rendered and the cream cheese is golden. Enjoy! Grill: 350 ˚F
Originally posted by Traeger
Posted May 01, 2021