Brew up some major flavor. All it takes is our Chicken Rub, a can of beer, and some Traeger mesquite heat for moist & tender poultry perfection.
- 1 (3-5 LB) WHOLE CHICKEN
- TRAEGER CHICKEN RUB, AS NEEDED
- 1 CAN BEER
- Tuck the wing tips back and truss the chicken legs together.
- Season chicken generously with Traeger Chicken Rub, including the cavity.
- Open the can of beer and set the chicken on top of the beer. Make sure all but the bottom 1-1/2” of the beer can is in the cavity of the chicken.
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger to 350℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken on a sheet tray and place directly on the grill grate. Cook for 60-75 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 165℉ in the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove from the grill and let rest 5-10 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
- *Cook times will vary depending on set and ambient temperatures.
- Access this, and over a thousand other Traeger recipes on the Traeger App.
Originally posted by Traeger.
Posted July 30, 2019