Set it and forget it! This method of cooking allows you to mix and mingle while your Keg does all the work and you get all the credit.
- 1, 5-pound (2 kg) Prime Rib Roast bone out
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
- Pat the meat dry with paper towels.
- Mix the mustards, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a small bowl, and brush generously all over the meat. Combine all the dried herbs and spices in a small bowl and sprinkle generously over the mustard. Allow to sit at room temperature while you prepare the Keg.
- Set the temperature to 350°F (177°C), with the top control dialled to 1 and the bottom to 2. Place the prime rib on the smoker without a drip pan and let smoke for 4 hours. During this time, the temperature of the Keg should gradually fall to about 250°F (121°C). Test the internal temperature of the meat with a meat thermometer: it should reach 135°F (57°C) before resting and serving.
- Slice thickly.
Recipe originally posted by Broil King
Posted February 11, 2022