1 Tri-tip (3-5lbs)
4 Tbsp steak seasoning
2 tsp ground cumin
1 lb sweet peppers
1 large red onion
2 ears sweet corn
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
10 corn or flour tortillas, grilled or fried
1 Cup queso fresco, crumbled
1 Cup sour cream
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 lime, sectioned, squeezed on top
- Preheat your Memphis to smoke at 200°F
- Combine 4 Tbsp. of your favorite steak seasoning and 2 Tbsp. of cumin and coat your tri-tip with the seasoning mix on all sides.
- Smoke the tri-tip for 1 hour.
- Use your genie tool to replace the EZ-access hatch with the Direct Flame Insert. Turn your controller to grill on Open Flame 2.
- Sear the steak for 5 minutes on each side or until your internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- While your steak rests, grill the peppers (seeded), red onion (quartered), and corn (whole, shucked) over an open flame until blackened on only one side. Once blackened, remove the vegetables and place in a bowl to cool for a bit.
- Grill or fry your tortillas as you like
- Slice your tri-tip finely.
- Roughly chop your vegetable mixture and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Build your fajitas and garnish with sour cream, cilantro, queso fresco, and lime. Enjoy!
Originally posted by Memphis Wood Fire Grills
Posted January 13, 2021